Dinner last night was a really nice meal, I was impressed with how it turned out. It was very nice, mexican inspired.
There were 5 components to my plate:
- Roasted chicken – nothing fancy about that
- Rice and beans – sautéed some onion, added the rice and soup, let it cook. When it was done, add cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and a can of black beans, rinsed. I just covered the pot, off the heat to warm up the beans. This was super good, not spicy, but super flavourful
- Pico de gallo – basically homemade salsa. Diced tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño, dried parsley, oregano, lime juice, salt and pepper. I also added a little sugar cause it was so spicy
- Avocado – just extra colour and creaminess
- Roasted carrots – cut carrots into sticks, tossed them in olive oil, salt and cinnamon, then baked for about 30 minutes. So sweet and good